<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Safe arrivals 

The family made it here safely yesterday. They flew into Newark, and I'd ordered a car to pick them up from the airport, as with three of them it was cheaper than Amtrak. Instead of the the town car I'd asked for they got a stretch limo, which seemed to impress them. I wasn't sure whether to be impressed or worried by the fact that the driver did EWR to Philly in under an hour. They survived jet lag remarkebly well and still seemed wide a wake when I bid them good night, 23 hours after they's got up in the UK. I suspect that they might have gone to bed later than I did, and, given that their ac has thermostatic control and mine doesn't, I suspect they probably slept better than I did too.

It's good to have them here.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory