<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Resistance is futile 

One of the things that's struck me over the last week or so is how very natural a very radical change in lifestyle has felt. It seems a bit like I've entered a parallel universe where doing maths problems at 11pm or attempting to work out the price point for unitary elasticity at 6.30am are completely normal things to do, and where an 8am Stats class is actually rather fun (and I don't think it's just that I'm suffering from too much heat). I think that fact that it has been such a big and all encompassing change has actually made it easier - beacuse so much is different the entire package becomes the new 'normal'.

Along with settleing into the culture of being an MBA student, there have, of course, been some cultural experiences of being in a new country and a new city. Yesterday I had my first taste of both cheesesteaks (much nicer than I'd expected, but I still don't understand what all the fuss is about) and S'mores (possibly the only way to make Hershey's 'chocolate' palatable). On Friday, I'm going to a baseball game - I'm not particulalrly a sport fan, but I thought it was one of those things that had to be done.

But tomorrow starts with the maths test, so for now I'm headed to bed.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory