<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Paper Mountains 

For the last 3.5 years I've been splitting my working week between home and the office, which are a couple of hundred miles apart. As a lot of my work is paper based, and our office servers can't be accessed remotely, this has meant constantly transfering physical and electronic files from one location to another. In this, my last, week, I've been entirely in the office so that I can get all the loose ends tied-up, or at least as many of them as I can manage, so I made a point of ensuring over the weekend that I sorted out everything that I'd got at home that needed to make it back to the office. Unfortunately, I seem to have managed to leave one fairly vital set up of papers at home, which means that along with everything else on my 'to do' list this weekend I'm going to have to get some work done and then send some documents in to the office using Royal Mail's 'do not lose on pain of death' service.

I've spent this morning clearing out my filing and have managed to add a whole load of stuff to the recycling pile, which has been pretty cathartic, and various other piles of paper are being redistributed to other people's desks. Suddenly it really feels like I'm leaving tomorrow.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory