<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My name's britchick, and I'm a biblioholic 

I appear to have been tagged twice on this book thing. Does that mean I have to give ten books?
Current and recent reading matter is:

The Jane Austen Book Club - started on the train this morning. Not sure where I got this one from (I'm pretty sure I didn't buy it). I've only read a couple of chapters so am still reserving judgement on whether it's as 'chick lit-y' as the cover suggests. Edited to add: I got a little over half way through it on the train home last night and can definitely say that it's chick-lit, and contrived chick-lit at that. Not my cup of tea and I don't think I'll bother finishing it.

The Complete Fundraising Handbook - I have my CFRE exam on Monday and thought it might be worth doing some work for it.

Friends for Life: Relationship Fundraising in Practice - ditto

Lifeless - I'm a fan of crime/mystery novels, and Mark Billingham writes good ones.

Sickened - I don't usually go in for 'I had a terrible childhood' real-life stories and actually bought this thinking it was something else, but it turned out to be pretty good

All-time favourites:

Paul Scott's Raj Quartet - I first read this for my undergraduate dissertation, and go back to it every few years. I love the vastness of it and am fascinated by the inter-twining of the histories of individuals and nations.

Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" Trilogy - imaginative, complex and thought provoking.

The Complete Poems of John Donne - I love metaphysical poetry, and it's really interesting to see the equal but changing passions of the young man and the Dean of St Paul's Cathedral.

Diary of a Provincial Lady - very funny

The Owl Who was Afraid of the Dark - a childhood favourite that I rediscovered recently.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory