<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 30, 2005

Happy Birthday to me 

When I was young, I used to have three birthdays. The day itself always fell during the school half-term, and that was when we had our fortnight family holiday. So I had birthday-number-one when I had my party before we went, the day itself, and then birthday-number-three when we got home to a waiting pile of cards and presents that had come by post. When I went to secondary school that half-term holiday changed to one week rather than two, so we stopped going away then, and I had to make do with just one celebration like everyone else (except the Queen). But because the last Monday in May is a public holiday, I was 23 before I actually had to work on my birthday, which I think is pretty good going. The downside of coinciding with a holiday though is that there isn't a post delivery today, which people seem to have forgotten, so I'm hoping to come home to an avalanche of cards tomorrow!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory