<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Home Sweet Home 

I left the "should've brought sunscreen" weather of Philly yesterday and arrived back to the "now where did I pack my umbrella?" weather of the UK today. I was sat at 30th Street station yesterday afternoon waiting for my train to EWR (flew via there rather than Philadelphia International for frequent flyer related reasons) when it dawned on me that the next time I'd by in Philadelphia it would actually be home. It was a slightly odd but also exciting and welcome feeling. And then as I got the bus from Heathrow this morning I started thinking that the next time I was there could well be when I'm flying out. That left me feeling ever so slightly panicked. I'm looking forward to everything, I'm well on the way to having a place to live (two buildings identified - one a front runner that I'm actively negotiating on and the second a back up) and I know it's going to be a great experience once I'm there, but there's still a bit of an apprehension. I think it's just that change can be unsettling ( as well as exhilarating) and also that moving on means having to leave some things behind that I'll be sad to let go.

Speaking of moving on, the Wharton Admissions Blog announced yesterday that Alex Brown of the Adcom is leaving to pursue other opportunities (although continuing to support the admissions office in a consulting capacity for a few months). Alex, you'll be missed!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory