<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 25, 2005

First time for everything 

I just had a doorstep visit from a political canvasser, the first, I think, in the fourteen years I've been entitled to vote. We keep being told that the female vote is considered as key in this election, and if that thinking was behind deploying this chap on the campaign trail I wouldn't be at all surprised. What my mother would call 'a very nice young man', which is a type we seem to be well supplied with round here (a combination of the demographics of the local population, schools and the university intake). The concert I was stewarding at last night had an audience full of the younger versions - looked liked heavens knows what but said please and thank you and did what they were asked when addressed in a firm tone of voice.

I've just re-read that last sentence - I think I'm getting old.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory