<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 07, 2005

One out, all out 

The back still hurts, but seems to be getting better. A bit of creativity with my sleeping arrangements last night enabled me to keep a hotwater bottle against it and helped me to actually get some sleep. More hotwater bottles, hot baths, Ralgex and pain killers have dealt with the worst of it during the day. But my left ear has decided to come out in sympathy and develop an infection, making it feel like someone has been pumping air into my eardrum whilst simultaneously inserting a hot poker. And as medical science has yet to develop an antibiotic that my body doesn't object to, I'm in the 'it'll get worse before it gets better' phase.

In the almost three years that I've been living by myself I've become a big fan of being a one person household, but it's not much fun when you're ill. There's a lot to be said for having someone else around to do the shopping, wash the dishes, mop my fevered brow etc. (or to give me a kick up the backside and tell me to stop feeling sorry for myself). But the absence of such live-in help I'm resorting to phoning out for pizza and crawling back to the sofa for some continued self-indulgence.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory