<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 28, 2005

Contact from Kellogg 

Many thanks to everyone for their comments and observations. As Linda says "the program and how it will help you achieve your educational and professional goals" is of huge importance, as is 'fit' and I'll write about my thoughts on both of those over the next few days.

I've been away from home for three consecutive office-based days, and got home yesterday evening to find a 'we tried to make a delivery' card, which I think is for my Kellogg admit binder. I also got a call from a current K student on Wednesday. I wasn't in the best frame of mind to talk as it was mid-afternoon on a work day and I was grappling with the relative weights of an elephant and a Routemaster bus (don't ask!) When she asked if I had any questions "Can you think of an animal other than a whale that's heavier than an elephant?" was the only thing that sprung to mind, but I thought I'd better not. It was nice to be contacted though, and I now have the callers e-mail so I can follow up if I think of anything more relevant to ask. She also told me that there's a Women's Business Association event on the Thursday evening before DAK kicks off. Between travel and jet lag, I doubt I'll make it, but you never know.

It was a pretty odd few days workwise generally. I had to find a way of politely turning down a significant amount of money and put together a set of figures that might need to be used to burst some people's bubble about the supposed success of a big fundraising appeal a few years ago. Neither of which are things people would usually include if asked to describe what a fundraiser does. So maybe the elephant and bus thing wasn't that odd after all . . .

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory