<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Red face and blue fingers 

I've been working at home today, at least in theory I have. I 'popped out' just before 9 am to get some milk and then got back to discover that I'd forgotten to pick up my keys and was locked out. The people from the other three flats in the buliding were all out, so I was stuck. Frantic phoning of friends who have spare keys yielded only aswerphones, so I ended up phoning a locksmith. The 'reponse within an hour' took an hour and a half. Now, this is the UK in November. It's not as cold as it could be, but still too cold to be sitting outside for ninety minutes when you're only dressed for going round the corner to the shops. Fortunately, just as the locksmith was talking about having to drill the lock out of the communal door one of my friends phoned back to say she could drop some spare keys round. So, three hours after I left, I got back into my flat, and back to my desk with a large mug of hot coffee.

The upshot of all this is that, instead of spending this evening on Wharton interview prep I'm having to work on the copywriting I was meant to do theis morning. Hey hum.



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory