<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Yuck! 

I was meant to go to Kellogg's London reception last night, but didn't. A combination of low level bugs left me feeling far from wonderful, so I ended up working from home rather than the office, which meant getting to London in the evening wasn't an option. I'm still not feeling great, but I absolutely have to be in the office on Thursday and Friday, so will be making it to the Wharton session on Thursday evening. I'm not too worried about having missed the Kellogg one. I got lots of information when I visited the campus, and my applications in. I might have gained something useful for my interview, but I'm not going to stress about it.

We are now in my least favourite fortnight of the year. I'm not sure exactly why, but I always find the two weeks before the clocks go back really difficult. I presume it has something to do with the reducing daylight, although when we get to equivalent, and lower, light levels after a few weeks back on Greenwich Mean Time, I never feel as bad. The increasing cold and dampness that we get at this time of year doesn't help either. Right now, I just want to hibernate and eat chocolate. I find it difficult to get motivated to do anything and easily stressed when I try - you should have seen me trying to get the shrink wrap of a new box of chamomile tea earlier today. Still, knowing why I feel like I'm living on the edge of sanity makes it all easier to deal with and I know that in another ten days I'll feel fine again. Until then, I'll be doing my bit to ensure that chocolate manufacturers remain profitable, nd being ery thankful that I got my applications out of the way before this hit.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory