<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Nerves and How to Settle Them 

I'd been getting a bit nervous about one of my recommenders. We'd been in touch earlier in the summer and agreed to meet up after she got back from holiday in the first week of September. I e-mailed her a couple of weeks ago, only to get an out of office message saying that she wasn't back until the 14th. And having heard nothing last week, I was starting to get a bit worried. I was jut sending her another e-mail this evening, when she replied. So we're now set up to meet, and she has copies of my essays, a 'memory jog' of what I did while working for her, and all the deadlines etc. I know from experience that she works on a bit of a 'just in time' system and needs managing, so I'm going to keep a close eye on progress, but, realistically, I thin even if we'd managed to meet months ago, it wouldn't have made much difference to when the recommendation actually gets submitted.

On the subject of deadlines, Wharon's is just over three weeks away, which is making me nervous even though I'm well set to make it. And on the subject of Wharton, S2S seems to have been descending to the levels of B-week in some places recently, which is a shame.



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory