<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 30, 2004

It's been one of those weeks . . .  

. . . when by the end of Monday I already felt like I needed a weekend. Tuesday was better - I had to stay in London overnight, so took the opportunity to see One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, staring Christian Slater, Mackenzie Crook and Frances Barber. Somehow I've managed to never see the film, so I'd got no preconceptions. It was a really fantastic performance and I'd highly recomend it to anyone who'll be in London in the next few weeks. I was staying just behind Westmister Abbey, and I also really enjoyed being surrounded by some of the iconic London buildings. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with London. I was at university there for four years, worked or lived there for most of the next six, and am still a frequent visitor. If I could afford to live somewhere central, didn't have a horrid commute, had a 'country place' for weekends and the time and money to take advantage of all that the city offers, I'd really enjoy it. But the likelihood of that happening is practically zero, and I don't fancy paying a fortune to live in a shoe box, commuting for hours a week in something resembling a sardine can (been there, done that) and breathing nothing but traffic fumes, so I think I'll just enjoy being a visitor. I'm visiting again tomorrow, to have lunch with my ex-boss and talk to her about recommendations. And after that it finally will be the weekend again!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory