<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

End in sight 

Spent a good chunk of the weekend getting together information for my recommenders and also got a bit more done on Stanford essay 1. I'm starting to get to the stage where I'm really looking forward to having the applications in and out of the way. It will be good to get some free time back.

Having said that, took all of Sunday off for the christening of two friends' son. We had lunch in the garden of their square (they live in a beautiful Georgian house) but unfortunatley had to dodge showers along the way. Umbellas got used to protect the food and the people huddled under the trees. We didn't seem to get too wet, but I was reminded that high heels and soft ground do not make a great combination. And considering the weather on the other side of the Atlantic, I have promised myself that I will not complain about the comparably mild wind and rain we're getting here.

The Stanford chat on B-week last night was quite useful, and I got two questions asked and answered. I think for future chat's though I'll e-mail any questions in advance and then wait for the transcript to be posted. I'm not sure being there 'live' really adds much, and it uses up a full hour.

Thursday evening is Stanford's London session for women, which I'm looking forward to. I'm going away for the weekend straight after it (or at least I'm taking myself off to an airport hotel straight afterwards and then onto a fly disgustingly early on Friday morning) and really need to do something about packing at somepoint. And working out where Goldman Sach's office is so I can find my way to the session on Thursday.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory