<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 29, 2004

What matters to me most? 

As I mentioned, I had an introduction and an outline done for Stanford essay 1. I've been mulling over what to write about for a long time, and finally settled on a topic back in April, but now I'm having a re-think.

As I went through my Wharton and Kellogg essays and proof read them, I was struck by the fact that there are two 'stories' that I've used in both of them. In both instances, the stories jumped out at me for a particular question, and then I found that they worked for a question from the other school as well. I thought very hard about re-using them, but reached the conclusion that it wasn't laziness that was proding me in that direction, it was the fact that they really were good examples to use and shed important light on who I am and what I'm like. And I haven't used the same words in both applications, just the same ideas.

So I started thinking, if these aspects are so important to me that I've felt the need to tell Kellogg and Wharton about them, don't I want to tell Stanford about them too? Having decided that I did, the next question was if/how they fitted in my Stanford essays. The answer was that one of them could fit quite well into essay 1, but the other would take a bit of a stretch, and I wouldn't be able to give it as much importance as I think it deserves. I've mulled things over for the last few days and I think I now have an approach which will allow me to use the two aspects and much of what I was going to cover in my original plan, all with an over-arching theme that pulls them logically together.

But right now I have to go and assemble a cow.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory