<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Wharton Blog 

It seems that Wharton’s admissions blog is going to happen. Thanks to Dave for letting me know that there’s a feed from here. I won’t give the URL, as I believe it hasn’t been publicized yet, and who knows what stage of development it’s at, but I’m sure it will be announced on S2S when it goes live.

Some of my fellow bloggers have been musing on the pros and cons of having a public blog an RSS / Atom feed. They way I look at it, if we choose to make our blog public, especially if we open a feed, then we are putting ourselves in the public domain. Because of this, I’ve been careful not to reveal too much about myself, my employer, or my life outside the application process. If anyone who knows me reads the blog they’d probably recognise me (not that I’ve told anyone that I’m blogging), and its possible that if an adcom reads both the blog and an application they’d make a connection, but I’m OK with that. I don’t share anything that I’m not happy to be public knowledge. And with so many people who know me knowing about my application plans, if I fail to get in anywhere then lots of people in cyberspace knowing about it is going to be the least of my worries! It works for me, although I can see that it might not work for everyone.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory