<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Finished Once, Finished Twice 

I've re-done the 'why MBA, why here, why now' essay for both Wharton and Kellogg. The overview od my career to-date is shorter and 'functional', rather than the chronological approach I'd taken before. It menas that readers wil need to read the factual bit of the application form to get a sense of what I've done, with the essay concentrating more on what I've learnt. I'm hoping that that's a good thing (avoiding duplication and redundancy), but if anyone knows differently, please shout.

The Kellogg essay is on two pages, just. And, having written it on A4 paper and then realised that it would be printed out on US standard paper, I was particularly pleased to find that it still made into onto just two sides when I changed the page settings. The Wharton one is over 1,000 words, but I'm hoping that it's within the reasonable extra words allowed for 'non-traditionals'. Certainly I think everything that's in there is doing a useful job and I'd be hard pushed to remove any of it without severly weakening my case. So I think I'm OK on length for both schools. Which means I'm now ready for both sets of essays to be read by other people. I know I've said this before, but I really mena it this time.

In other news, Blogger has introduced the rather nifty bar at the top od the page, that you can use to search for words within this blog. Have fun with it!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory