<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Dealing with distractions 

Saturday and Sunday saw me getting up early (well 7am's relatively early for the weekend) to watch the Olympic rowing. It was certainly worth the early alarm call, and the theory was that I'd then be up and ready to get lots done. But there was always one more race to watch and one more medal ceremony to see, so I didn't get quite as much done as I'd really planned. Then yesterday I became the proud owner of an iPod. I won it in a charity auction, so I have the twin feel-good factors of having made a substantial saving on the retail price and contributed to a good cause. But setting it up, importing music, and generally admiring it's loveliness is proving to be much more attractive than writing my Stanford essays or that other thing I'm meant to be doing (commonly known as my job).

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory