<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

Another helping of Kellogg 

Over the weekend I complete drafts of two of the Kellogg short essays - Outside of work I . . . . and What have been your most significant leadership roles to date? What was the most valuable lesson learned?. As predicted, a couple of my paragraphs in the leadership one are quite long, and they look even longer when they're double spaced. But I'm only just over 500 words in total for that one, so I don't think it's excessive.

I'm continuing to consider what to do for the third essay. At the moment, I'm leaning towards I wish the Admissions Committee had asked me... and writing something on teamwork. Having read through the rest of my essays, I think the adcom might be starting to get tired of my interpersonal and communication skills if I write about them anymore, but I think there's more that I can add about being part of a team, especially given that Kellogg puts so much influence on that. I'm thinking about I wish the Admissions Committee had asked me why I enjoy being part of a team.

After I'd done the essay draughts over the weekend, I read through some of the notes I took when I visited. I found that the things that I'd noted down that they felt to be important were areas that I'd been talking about in my essays. This wasn't a conscious thing at all, and what I wrote reflects beliefs and values that I've held for a long time, so it seems to me to indicate that I'm a good 'fit' for Kellogg. Let's hope that they think the same way!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory