<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 27, 2004

What's in a name 

I saw Macbeth in Stratford-Upon-Avon yesterday. While there, I also bought a DVD of the RSC's previous production of Macbeth, and a book by Harriet Walter, who played Lady Macbeth in that production, about the play and her experience of creating that production. One of the things I love about theatre is the ability of actors and director to give us a fresh perspective on the text. The play may have been written four hundred years ago, but every production gives us something new.

While in Stratford I attempted to find a pewter shop that I'd visited about five years ago. I failed to find it (I think it's probably closed) but I did come across an antique jewellery shop with some realy beautiful pieces. Now, I'd automatically question the advisability of buying jewellery in a town where everything is priced for tourists, but, given that most jewellery is bought and given within the context of relationships, I'd especially question the advisabilty of buying it from a jewellers calleg Iago's. Not really the sort of association I'd want to have with a love token.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory