<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Was it all worth it? 

Before I set out on my school visits, I made a point of writing down what I wanted to get out of the process. Now seems like as good a time as any to reflect on that, so here goes.


What did I want to acheieve?

* Get a feel of the place. Could I see myself being happy here for two years?
* Get a sense of the students and community atmosphere.
* Solidify 'why here?' for applications.
* Rule places out if they're not right.
* Deal with school specific concerns/questions.

Did I manage it?

By and large, I think I did. Certainly I'm sure that I want to apply to all three schools and that I think I'd be happy at any of them. Probaly the biggest question mark is over Yale, or rather over New Haven, but it's not a big enough one to stop me applying, more something that would need further investigation and consideration if I were to be accepted to Yale and somewhere else. I'd also say that Yale is the place that I got the least good sense of the students, but I guess that's an unavoidable consequence of visiting so near the end of the year.

I'll try to find time shortly to write-up what makes each school stand out for me, and what my concerns are about them.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory