<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

Chicago called off summer, on account of snowfall . . . . . . 

OK, it's not quite that bad, but the temperature is only just above freezing at the moment according to the weather forecast. Left Palo Alto yesterday morning, having spent Saturday enjoying their May 1st festivities and strolling through downtown. As I was on my way down to reception with my bags the fire alarm went off, so bags were abandoned in the corridor and we all made for the nearest fire exit. At least I was up, dressed and breakfasted, which, given that it was 6.20am, was more than most people. Fortunately it was a false alarm, so I was able to get back in and retrieve my bags in time to get the shuttle to the airport.

The first leg of my flight was SFO to Las Vegas. We were treated to a wonderful view of San Francisco on take-off, as we had to circle round the city. Although I didn't visit this time, I spent a few days there last October, and it was great getting a view from on high. Arrived in Las Vegas to find that my connecting flight was overbooked so I volunteered to change on to a different one, and took the $350 compensation and an extra hour and three quarters in the airport.

So I'm now in Evanston and on my way to find breakfast before spending the day at Kellogg. Given the re-appearance of my Yale post, I'll try and write up both the Stanford and Kellogg visits soon.

And for anyone who's wondering, the title is a line from a song called Texarkana, TX by now-defunct band Uncle Otto.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory