<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Who am I again? 

It's a really frustrating day workwise. I'm sitting waiting for lots of things to come from other people and can't do an awful lot until they do, so this seems like a good time to repeat my background info.

I'm female and British (as you might have guessed already) and applying to US MBA programmes for 2005 entry. I think people get way too hung-up on stats so I'm not going to post mine. I'll just say that I don't think my GMAT will cause Adcoms any sleepless nights, my undergrad results also seem fine (British university so pretty much unconvertable to a GPA) and I've been working in the not-for-profit (nfp) sector for a number of years doing fundraising and marketing. I'm originally from Yorkshire, but now live in South-West England, having come via Wales and London for education and work.

I also lost the post that explained why I'm blogging, so I'll run you through that as well. I've found reading other people's MBA application blogs interesting, entertaining, and informative, so I hope I can offer interest, entertainment and information to someone out there. Neither the female nor the British perspective seems to be over-represented (in fact, I beleive British female applicants to US programmes aren't too numerous) and there aren't a heck of a lot of nfp applicant blogs either, so maybe I can contribute an extra something to the blogging pot. And from a personal point of view, I know that this whole application process is going to be pretty long and lonely, so blogging is one attempt to keep myself sane during it.

Oh, and apparently I am Camembert!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Blogarama - The Blog Directory